Athletes can wear their sensors as soon as they are on the hill. The sensors need to be turned on for at least 5 minutes before athletes take a timed run.
Getting athletes started
- Turn the Protern.io sensors on (one long click on the sensor button).
- After going outside, sensors will take 1-2 minutes to get a satellite lock and start to collect data. Look for the fast green flashing light.
- Sensors blinking red? They will need to be updated to work with live timing.
- Ensure the correct sensor is with the correct athlete.
- We highly suggest to put a piece of tape with an athlete’s name on each sensor to avoid any mix ups when you collect data.
- Put the gilets on the athletes, and place the sensor in its pocket.
- Gilets should be worn above an athlete's race suit or jacket.
- Send athletes out skiing.