If you plan to use Protern.io for live timing on the hill, follow these steps
- Turn on Bluetooth on the team phone that will be doing the syncing on the hill.
- Download and install the Protern.io Sync Android app from the Google Play Store.
- Sign into the app using your coach’s account.
- Grant location permission.
- This is only required the first time you use the app.
- Select all of the athletes who will be training with Protern.io sensors, then tap the back arrow in the app (detailed steps to add athletes with video).
For each athlete, follow these steps:
- Turn on the Protern.io sensor that has their name attached. Take note of the 6 character ID.
- If the sensor is blinking red, you will need to upgrade the sensor
- Open the Protern.io Sync Android app.
- In the app, tap on the athlete’s name to assign the sensor to them (detailed steps to assigning Protern.io Sensors to athletes with video).
- Choose the sensor in the list with the matching 6 character ID to assign it to that athlete.
- Turn off the sensor (click the sensor button three times).
- Repeat these steps for all your athletes.