If you want live timing on the hill, follow these steps.
After each run, athletes can sync their sensor by following these steps (Find more detailed instructions with video here).
- Open the Protern.io Sync app on the team phone.
- Stay within 1-2 meters (3-6 feet) of the phone to establish a Bluetooth connection. This can take 10 to 20 seconds.
- In the app, tap on the card with their name on it when it shows as connected.
- Press the Sync Data button.
- Wait until the progress bar completes and their card shows green.
- Syncing takes about 1 second per minute of data (e.g. 15 seconds for 15 minutes of data).
- Closer the phone is the sensor, the faster the syncing
- If the sync fails, try pressing Sync Data again.
- If the sync is taking too long and the athlete needs to go, tap their card during a sync and press the Stop Sync button.
- If several athletes are in range of the phone, they can save time and select Sync all in Range
The athlete must stay close to the phone while it syncs with the sensor. The sensor will stop collecting data while it is syncing.
If the athlete leaves the range of the phone during syncing, it can take up to 2 minutes before the sensor will start collecting data again.
- Using a web browser on any device (tablet, phone, iOS, Android or computer) go to http://app.protern.io.
- Sign into the coach account.
- Go to Quantriqs and choose the Build quantriq button.
- If an athlete has already skied the course and synced their data, you can use their run as a reference to build a quantriq.
- Choose standing or moving start.
- We suggest moving start for greatest accuracy.
- Place your splits.
- These can be changed at any time. Don’t worry if you make a mistake the first time. You can go back and change your splits.
For accurate timing, the first split should be 1-2 seconds from the start (distance depends on the speed of the event).
Wide splits ensure they capture any GPS positioning errors.
- Choose the athletes you want as part of the quantriq and any coaches on your team with whom you want to share the data.
- Choose the date range for your quantriq.
- Name you quantriq and save it.
- Choose your newly created quantriq to view the run data.
- The run data will appear within 5 seconds of the athlete syncing their sensor and the team phone uploading to Protern.io.